Friday, January 24, 2014

2013-2014 Semester

1.      In my new subject matter I tried to explore abstraction of nature but in my last photograph I layered two of my old photographs end edited it to create a different abstraction of harmonicas.
2.      My personal connection to this group of photos is my love of nature expressed through abstraction which is my forte. In the photo with Ice leaves and text I tried to express my love of nature and reading
3.      I came upon these ideas by just going with the flow and by using what photos I took and where I went with my camera.
4.      When I edit most of my photos I will usually turn up the contrast to bring more clarity to my photos. I then will change either the lightness, hue, and saturation. Then depending on the photo I will do what it requires.
5.      In these photos I used a lot of movement, repetition, and line all to create that feeling of abstraction.
6.      I challenged myself in this work by forcing myself to do something new and different (something besides musical instruments).
7.      I think what I did well in my work is showing extreme abstractions of nature.
8.      I think I could improve my photos by not making them so flashy.
9.      I want to start the new semester with a new concentration series based on the word melody using schemes and themes to display that idea/word.
10.  I want to challenge myself this next semester by learning new skills in Photoshop and demonstrating 100% abstraction.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment